Dead Letter

So, a coule of days ago my stepdaughter silled esi on my lato and now the letter on my keyboard which comes after “o” and before “q” is dead. I mean dead and residing somewhere in the heaven for defunct lato keys.

Now I can’t hel but be ainfully aware of the importance of one letter in our alphabet. (Hey, cool, Word is correcting some of my misselled words and inserting the missing “__” (letter after o and before q) for me. Sometimes.

Now I’ve been whining to my husband, “I need a “___.”

And he says, “When you gotta go, you gotta go.”

And I say, “No, no, no…the letter “____” doesn’t work on my keyboard. I need a new lato.”

He says, “A new one? Why don’t you just get it fixed?”

And I say, “So, what…I’m gonna call some dude and tell him my “_” isn’t working?”

“Uh-huh.”

It figures. Only writers understand the ain of losing access to a single letter of the alphabet.

Comments

Janelle said…
LOL! That's funny. Court replaces keyboards on laptops all the time. I don't think it's all that expensive either. So I know it can be done.
Kristyn Crow said…
Are you kidding? And ruin my chances of getting a brand new laptop? Heh heh heh, I'm dragging this out as far as it will go. In fact, the new "lato" is already ordered.

Can't wait to see you!

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations to the 2009 ALA Newbery, Caldecott, Printz, King, Geisel, etc. Award Recipients

Plan A FABULOUS Literacy Night!

To be a Flourisher...