Monday, April 21, 2008

Dead Letter

So, a coule of days ago my stepdaughter silled esi on my lato and now the letter on my keyboard which comes after “o” and before “q” is dead. I mean dead and residing somewhere in the heaven for defunct lato keys.

Now I can’t hel but be ainfully aware of the importance of one letter in our alphabet. (Hey, cool, Word is correcting some of my misselled words and inserting the missing “__” (letter after o and before q) for me. Sometimes.

Now I’ve been whining to my husband, “I need a “___.”

And he says, “When you gotta go, you gotta go.”

And I say, “No, no, no…the letter “____” doesn’t work on my keyboard. I need a new lato.”

He says, “A new one? Why don’t you just get it fixed?”

And I say, “So, what…I’m gonna call some dude and tell him my “_” isn’t working?”

“Uh-huh.”

It figures. Only writers understand the ain of losing access to a single letter of the alphabet.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

LOL! That's funny. Court replaces keyboards on laptops all the time. I don't think it's all that expensive either. So I know it can be done.

Kristyn Crow said...

Are you kidding? And ruin my chances of getting a brand new laptop? Heh heh heh, I'm dragging this out as far as it will go. In fact, the new "lato" is already ordered.

Can't wait to see you!