Having a blast with School Author Visits

Last Friday I had a wonderful time visiting Rowland Hall - St. Mark's School in Salt Lake City. The children were so well behaved and attentive! The prior Friday I visited West Haven Elementary in Roy, Utah. It is SO fun meeting with kids and sharing my stories and talking about reading and writing! These pictures were taken by a fabulous photographer from Rowland Hall. As soon as I get her name to credit her, I'll post it here.
The kids have a lot of fun playing rhythm instruments along with BEDTIME AT THE SWAMP. This is my drum section, the "BOOMs."




As you can see, I get a bit animated during my presentations. Right now the younger kids are echoing back my refrain, "SPLISH SPLASH RUMBA-RUMBA BIM BAM BOOM!" And we're all scared of the swamp monster.


I bring a whole lot of instruments and also do a PowerPoint presentation with pictures of my books in various stages of production. I tell the kids some funny things about myself and my family, and how I have the most boring fish tank in the world. Of course, every time I turn my back something silly happens in the tank. They also get to see the "Skeleton Cat" race across the screen.

I LOVE visiting schools! For more information about my school visits, go to my website at http://www.kristyncrow.com . Click on the blue arrows on the left side of the main box on my home page, and keep your cursor there until you see the "schedule visits" button rotate around.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations to the 2009 ALA Newbery, Caldecott, Printz, King, Geisel, etc. Award Recipients

Plan A FABULOUS Literacy Night!

To be a Flourisher...