Ducks, With or Without Friends

I started writing children’s stories as soon as I could write words. I have no idea why. My parents read stories to me just like most parents do, but they weren’t particularly book crazy. We didn't know any writers or authors. No one had ever discussed the profession with me or put the idea in my head. The dream was just there, driving me my whole life, and has never left me. Here’s my first children’s story I wrote when I was four. It might be hard to read here, so I'll type it below.


"The Day of The sunny Day and the duck with his friend. The duck was sad he was not Bad, But he was very sad Because he did not have a Friend. The And."

Hooooo boy. Good thing I started young.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations to the 2009 ALA Newbery, Caldecott, Printz, King, Geisel, etc. Award Recipients

Plan A FABULOUS Literacy Night!

To be a Flourisher...