Long Live My Bonsai
Do other writers...
- cool their overheating laptops on a bag of frozen peas
- have the strange habit of using a unique word, then absent-mindedly using it again, so those identical words are too close together in the manuscript and one must be excised,
- worry that their last sale will be their last sale,
- feel as though they’re constantly floating in a strange state of manuscript submission limbo,
- decide several times a day that they’d rather have their tombstone say “author” than “her house was always immaculate,” and
- spend time reviving a dying Bonsai tree for inspiration
like I do?